The Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE) v3.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco Identity Services Engine (Cisco ISE) v2.4, an identity and access control policy platform that simplifies the delivery of consistent, highly secure access control across wired, wireless, and VPN connections.
This provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and use Cisco ISE, including policy enforcement, profiling services, web authentication and guest access services, BYOD, endpoint compliance services, and TACACS+ device administration.
You will learn how to use Cisco ISE to gain visibility into what is happening in your network, streamline security policy management, and contribute to operational efficiency.
This course helps you prepare to take the Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (300-715 SISE) exam, which leads to CCNP Security and Cisco Certified Specialist – Security Identity Management Implementation certifications.
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1x and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization
- Describe third-party Network Access Devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec, and Easy Connect
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services, and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution, and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control Server (Cisco Secure ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS Software CLI
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with 802.1x
- Cisco CCNP Security Certification training
- Introduction to 802.1x Operations for Cisco Security Professionals (802.1x)
Cisco Digital Learning Library